Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Life "Unlived"

Life doesn't usually happen at 12:41 a.m. early on a Tuesday morning (but apparently this blog does). So why not go to sleep? Restlessness, a pensive mood, a healthy obsession with sorting mp3s, conflict, bad habits, sentimental journeys, "grand entertainment" and rare moments of clarity . . . as well as those I think are moments of clarity, but are really just the opposite. Oh yes, I am the typical night owl who hopes not to become the insomniac. :-P But, I am not alone. As I sit here and type, fully 1/4 o 1/3 of my regular "AIM buddies" are online....though they start to drop off around this time. In a world where even young people without their own families are busy the night becomes prime "alone time" or even a cyberspace social hour.

I think people have always wished for more ours in a day, but I think in the 21st century society has come to the point where its more necessary then it ever was. Kids have activities that keep them busy from morning to bed, the parents have careers and must keep up with the kids and of course the jones', and young single people focus on their careers, the next bigs steps, and of course the other requisite social engagements. Of course, if we all did have an extra hour we'd finda way to fill it up. Silly humans. Clearly this piece is not written in a moment of clarity...but one of those other tired moments... frustration comes to mind...not 1/2 an hour ago did I wish to do something that shouldn't - not becuase its wrong but because of how it may be perceived, not 20 minutes ago did I realize I can't get myself to think differently then I do about something even though i want to. So yeah..restless is what this night owl is tonight.

Time to drink some milk...maybe it'll help...damn i wish i had some cookies...

1 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Kosin said...

Not to worry, I'm right here alongside you with my vampiric ways. I can't remember the last time I went to bed before 3am!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home