Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sometimes I just want to write...

Sometimes I just want to write....about nothing in particular. Must I have a point?

Anyway, for me I think sometimes I write (not on here usually) just to find out what I'm thinking, or to better organize my thoughts. You know...those thoughts that can jumbled up in your head in the day to day grind....those thoughts that haven't really been thought through to their logical end.

For me, I once told a friend at the time that I'm fine living with contradictions. I told him that most of the things we'd talk about for hours with our other friends...that I had already thought of and decided for myself what made sense for me and that the answer was sometimes that the irrational human side of me dominates.

And I think for most people, they don't feel that way. I think most people like to think they make sense all the time and that their lives jive with what thy beleive and that no matter what they thought on a given day about a given thing that it all makes sense within their overall framework or logic and beliefs. However, if you were to ask most people enough probing questions and apply logic ruthlessly you'd find contradictions in spades. **note...people don't like this***

So what is it about us that keeps us from working to all logical ends of our assumptions and beleifs and living our lives by what those dictate? Some might say that its purely a matter of time and only people who've got nothing better to do then sit around and think all day can even come close to doing that. In a way thats a half truth...many live very busy lives doing the best they can and live the way they feel they should live. But how did we come up with this "should" in the first place. Environment is a key element that dictates this. From the moment we are born we are influenced by other people's thoughts, conversations, books, tv and media. Incidentily these are the same things that sometimes rob us of time to think to ourselves. However, these are the ver things that sometimes make us think in the first place. What puts the spark in your head? What gives one the dicipline to follow through on that spark and arrive at the logical end? How do we live with ourselves not knowign the answers to these questions? Anyway, if you have read all this thinking I'm going to tell you - Sorry to dissapoint you...or perhaps did I just set a spark to go off in your head?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home